Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Justice League

+22
supervenom
Rath99
Sandman
AlienIncognito
riv1
G_Zatara
Velociraptor DJ
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Spazzy
kidspider2099
elijahdprophet
colossus1979
Paroxysm
Batman25JM
superdoug
jaydee74
alucardbarnivous
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Spider_Fan14
Administrator
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

51Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You could be right about that but as Dick Grayson is my second favorite character in comics just behind Hal Jordan, WHOO FREAKING HOO!!

52Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Yeah, I'm still SUPER excited for Young Justice, but I am greatly disappointed that Tim and Bart won't be a part of the team.

Also, Bart isn't in the Flash episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The episode has Barry, Jay, and Wally, but no Bart.
grrr angry outrageous public rage

53Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:49 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I think it should have been Tim, Bart, and Conner as the nexus of the group, those three have a lot of chemistry and history.

54Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:You could be right about that but as Dick Grayson is my second favorite character in comics just behind Hal Jordan, WHOO FREAKING HOO!!

Well, Dick is tied with Daredevil for my second favorite comic character with Tim being tied with Bruce Wayne for my favorite. Since Tim is tied for my favorite character I want to see more of him in animation. I mean just recently, Dick was the Robin in Teen Titans and The Batman. Then of course Dick was Robin in Batman: The Animated Series, and all the old Batman/Super Friends cartoons. The only time we've seen Tim as Robin was in The New Batman Adventures (and with that a few guest appearances on Superman: TAS and Static Shock), and there he wasn't a whole lot like his comic counterpart. I had high hopes that the Robin in Young Justice would be Tim. I mean, it would be the perfect opportunity to use him. Also, I was looking forward to seeing Tim and Superboy together in animation.

I'm still looking forward to this show more than anything, but I'm not going to lie, I am disappointed.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^Yeah, I'm still SUPER excited for Young Justice, but I am greatly disappointed that Tim and Bart won't be a part of the team.

Also, Bart isn't in the Flash episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The episode has Barry, Jay, and Wally, but no Bart.
grrr angry outrageous public rage

Yeah, I wish they had Bart in the episode. I JUST watched the episode today on Youtube. I just couldn't wait anymore. It's really good. I'd expect no less since it was written by Greg Weisman.

DickGrayson007 wrote:I think it should have been Tim, Bart, and Conner as the nexus of the group, those three have a lot of chemistry and history.

QFT.

I would have LOVED that. It also would have been cool to see Nightwing, Red Arrow, and Flash (Wally) guest star.

55Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I get it for sure. Tim would have been great but I still think that Dick Grayson is more widely recognized and in the end, that's what they went for. Not that I don't think Tim isn't recognized but just not as much as Dick Grayson who's got 49 years on Tim when it comes to existence. I wonder why they decided on Dick Grayson over Tim Drake. That would be interesting to know.

56Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:04 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I get it for sure. Tim would have been great but I still think that Dick Grayson is more widely recognized and in the end, that's what they went for. Not that I don't think Tim isn't recognized but just not as much as Dick Grayson who's got 49 years on Tim when it comes to existence. I wonder why they decided on Dick Grayson over Tim Drake. That would be interesting to know.

Yeah, Dick is definitely more recognized than Tim. It's just that if they continue to almost exclusively use Dick as Robin outside of comics Tim will never be as recognized.

I really wonder if and how much the Young Justice members will appear outside of their costumes in the series. In the Teen Titans series the members of the team were never in their civilian identities (granted Robin is kind of the only member to really have one). If the YJ members never appear outside of costume/in their civilian identities then I'll be really mad since having Tim as Robin wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

I'm hoping that when the DVD comes out that they talk about why they went with Dick and Wally instead of Tim and Bart.

57Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can only imagine that if they are out of costume, it won't be that much. Even in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited you didn't see characters out of costume. I would imagine it has more to do with the fact that with a half hour show you don't have much time for out of costume time. I guess it depends on how many episodes are in a season and what they want to concentrate on. Usually though, unless the cartoon is focusing on one character, they usually don't do that much out of costume stuff when it comes to team shows.

58Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:16 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed. When it comes to team shows, they focus more on the team and the super heroics, and not the personal lives. I do very much doubt that they'll be in their civilian identities much if at all.

59Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:21 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a weird feeling that Red Arrow is going to be the one to die. In some of the pictures behind Greg Weisman's head in that video clip you can see the team standing together and Red Arrow is on the end. For some reason this makes me think that he'll be the one to get the team together, and at the end of the pilot he'll die. I could very well be wrong, but I just have a weird feeling.

60Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I pick Artemis to die.

61Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I don't know. I just don't think they'd kill off a female member. They want characters that girls can identify with. I know they'd still have Miss Martian, but still.

62Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:55 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Peter David has announced he's writing several episodes of Young Justice, the much-anticipated Cartoon Network series based on the DC Comics title he worked on for nearly five years.

"I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to reconnect with the characters," he wrote this morning on his blog, "even if there are some differences between the guys I wrote and the new incarnation. I would love to tell you all about my first episode, but I’m afraid that it’s … oh, what’s the word … Secret.

Fans of the DC Comics series, published from 1998 to 2003, will undoubtedly recognize the not-so-subtle allusion to Secret (aka Greta Hayes), the incorporeal "mist girl" introduced in the 1998 "fifth-week" one-shot Young Justice: The Secret. She, Wonder Girl and Arrowette joined the original Young Justice line-up of Robin, Superboy and Impulse.

We know from the sneak peek that the animated series will focus on a six-person team of Robin, Superboy, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Artemis and Aqualad. However, in the words of producer Greg Weisman, that is “really just the tip of the iceberg.” The cartoon will feature a 16-member Justice League that mentors the teens plus, judging from the character sheets, appearances by characters like Speedy/Red Arrow and Mary Marvel.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/sdcc-10-peter-david-writing-episodes-of-young-justice-cartoon/

63Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Sweet.

I just hope that David doesn't break the fourth wall like was done in the YJ book. I doubt that'll be the case, but I want a serious cartoon. I loved the Teen Titans cartoon, but got goofy at times. I'm looking forward to the more mature tone of Young Justice.

64Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I think it's just completely awesome that Peter David is penning an episode of Young Justice, I didn't think he would be allowed considering he's a Marvel writer.

65Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

whats this about someone dying? And the civilian identities part, yeah, most likely the civilian identities will be kinda sepertate day in the life ep hopefully once in awhile.

66Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^In the video colossus1979 posted Greg Weisman said that not everyone was going to survive. At least one character is going to die.

67Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Which to me is going to be interesting. I do like that the JLA is going to be in this as well.

68Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:37 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^In the video colossus1979 posted Greg Weisman said that not everyone was going to survive. At least one character is going to die.

well it's not like it'd be a stretch, they killed terra in the teen titans cartoon....slade for that matter....or "killed" slade.

69Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Velociraptor DJ

Velociraptor DJ
Cadet
Cadet

Batman25JM wrote:^Sweet.

I just hope that David doesn't break the fourth wall like was done in the YJ book. I doubt that'll be the case, but I want a serious cartoon. I loved the Teen Titans cartoon, but got goofy at times. I'm looking forward to the more mature tone of Young Justice.

Yeah, with PAD on the series, there'll be jokes.

But he can balance it with serious storylines as well.

70Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^In the video colossus1979 posted Greg Weisman said that not everyone was going to survive. At least one character is going to die.

well it's not like it'd be a stretch, they killed terra in the teen titans cartoon....slade for that matter....or "killed" slade.

True. Though here is seems like a main team member will die. Terra may have "died", but she wasn't really a main team member.

Velociraptor DJ wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^Sweet.

Yeah, with PAD on the series, there'll be jokes.

But he can balance it with serious storylines as well.

Oh, I'm fine with jokes. I actually love it when a cartoon (or any movie or TV show for that matter) can successfully blend action, drama, and comedy. I just don't want the show to break the fourth wall, or go over the top. Teen Titan was a bit over the top at times with comedy as well as it's anime influence.

71Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

interesting

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

72Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just can't wait for this show. The wait is killing me.

73Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm looking forward to this. A lot.

74Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:45 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i just wanna see if they get kevin conroy and tim daily to do bats and supes. yes when i watched that dcu trailer i was so amped that they got conroy, but i was bummbed they didn't get clancy brown. james marsters is an ok substitute though.

75Young Justice League - Page 3 Empty Re: Young Justice League Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:i just wanna see if they get kevin conroy and tim daily to do bats and supes. yes when i watched that dcu trailer i was so amped that they got conroy, but i was bummbed they didn't get clancy brown. james marsters is an ok substitute though.

Well, I've heard that Bruce Greenwood, who voiced Batman in Batman: Under the Red Hood will also be voicing him in Young Justice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum