Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Spider-Man

+27
Jango Fett
Debaser77
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
potatojoe
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Sci-Fi
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Administrator
blue halo
Esbat
ajorton
Chi-Town Spidey
shiky800
shining knight
Mnemosis
Lee
sumpter360
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

101Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:This ad gives me hope again for ASM...

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Spidey-2010

Seems like they want to make things right and get some of their readers back. Until they do, Make Mine DC.

I like this picture. I thought Madame Web was dead? No? Not complaining. Just wondering. I wonder who is in the black costume and the Iron Spidey costume. It looks like a group photo of those two, Madame Web and Araña. Also, is that the Parker baby? Interesting.

102Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Could Kraven be coming back from the dead? Interiew with Joe Kelly: http://comics.ign.com/articles/107/1073765p1.html

I'm mixed. Kraven's Last Hunt was the best way for Kraven to go, and returning him makes that story pointless...what is there to do next after the Spider is defeated? Meanwhile, the Kravinof family in general (and continuity) has been confusing ever since he died. But this story is being written by Joe Kelly, so it's gotta be well written. And besides, it doesn't mean Kraven's really coming back. Yet.

What do you guys think?

103Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kraven's Last Hunt was amazing and while I think bringing him back would cheapen his death, it would be a hell of a shocking moment if done right.

104Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Kraven's Last Hunt was amazing and while I think bringing him back would cheapen his death, it would be a hell of a shocking moment if done right.
Yeah, imagine how awesome it could be seeing him break out of the grave the same way Spidey did in KLH!

jaydee74 wrote:

Seems like they want to make things right and get some of their readers back. Until they do, Make Mine DC.

I like this picture. I thought Madame Web was dead? No? Not complaining. Just wondering. I wonder who is in the black costume and the Iron Spidey costume. It looks like a group photo of those two, Madame Web and Araña. Also, is that the Parker baby? Interesting.
Madame Web has around during Back in Black with the Venom story. I don't know any of those characters really, could someone fill me in?

Looking at that picture, I really don't care for Peter kissing Carlie. I haven't found myself liking Carlie and at this point I don't think I will. And please, how many times have they tried brining the two together now? Come on!

And there's the Lizard. I'm excited for the Lizard, he was my favorite Spidey villain as a kid and is probably still my personal favorite.

Mary and Peter re-uniting. I really hope they re-unite. Since they got rid of the marriage, Peter hasn't been dating or being romantically involved with anyone--with the exception of random sex with Black Cat and his Vin's sister---so what was the point of him becoming single? Just get MJ and Peter back together and go somewhere new with the relationship already (I haven't read the new MJ arc, so I don't know if there were any developments yet).

And then there's the baby and the Doc Ock arms. My guess is it's either Ock going after a baby, going after Peter and MJ's lost baby, or it's just a baby Doc Ock clone (he is dying..maybe he's doing something like what Luthor did when he was dying of Kryptonite radiation). I'm intrigued, we'll see..

105Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #623

My review never went through this morning due to my laptop battery going sour, so I will make this quick. Azaceta again shines on the art tip but the plot direction from Waid goes astray. The author basically can't decide whether to write a slapstick-driven story or a straight-up venomous drama.

I'll admit as a writer that my fiction tends to do the same thing. I've always been inspired by dark humor, particularly from the likes of auteurs such as Tarantino. I actually enjoy Waid's use of pop humor, but the result being that the final page of Vulture interrogating "someone" important is hard to take serious. At least the book looks pretty.

3/5 Bags&Boards - Gets a "good" review b/c of Azaceta.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

106Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #624

You could basically look up my review for #623 and reverse the roles of artist and writer this week. Azaceta's art saved the mostly bland last issue, and this time, unfortunately, he ruins it. I can't help but feel this week's ish about the Vulture's origin and the ongoing regression between JJJ and Peter was rushed. The sketching appears unbalanced, often with Spidey uncomfortably looking "pasted" on with Vulture hovering in the backdrop. It's easily the artist's weakest moment in ASM.

Waid's script thankfully does the trick, sticking to lame jokes, imploring nifty web tricks during battle and exonerating much of Vulture's faults with those of maggia individuals. Is ASM turning into another mob book? With the 2-parters that were Mr. Negative's and Vulture's as of late, you would think so. Arguably, the best Gauntlet section of the status quo returns next week with the newly reformed Rhino, so the series should revert to the level of quality it initially set.

3/5 Bags&Boards - Disappointing art, decent script with already-solicited ending.

107Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Emerald City Con wrote:
Joe Q

We worked too hard to get Peter to this point. I can understand why some of you want to see the characters grow old, but we have to manage these characters for the future – a future beyond you and me. A married Peter Parker – as cool as that may seem – from a creative standpoint, it handcuffs the character. It’s a very problematic thing for Peter because it cuts him off and makes Peter the oldest person in the book.

“It’s very tough to write because you want to see Peter and M.J. happy, and in a book where, really at its crust, is a soap opera about Peter’s life, the minute he gets everything he wants and life is happy, the stories get boring. So how do you create [the conflict the drama needs]? You have Mary Jane and Peter butt heads. But now you’re dealing with a marriage that isn’t a very happy marriage and they’re constantly bickering. From a story standpoint, you’ve gotta trust me on this, it sucked writing.”

Worked very hard?! You "magically" erased their marriage, without explaining it and slapped a lot of crappy stories (not all of them mind you...most of them) that YOU and your buddies wanted to tell before you had to get serious and bring the real baddies back, not to mention fingering long time fans with the first page of BND. Just so you could relive your single glory days through Spidey. Stan Lee, the CREATOR even thought it sucks and married them back into his newspaper strip. shake my head

So Peter and MJ are hard to write as a married couple, yet Reed and Sue are easy, Storm and Black Panter are easy, Luke and Jessica are easy. Sure they both have super powers but MJ never had a problem with that. When I was 10 I liked the marriage and because of that, I looked back to the 70's to catch up on Spidey. Come on Joe...THINK!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

108Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:27 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:
Emerald City Con wrote:
Joe Q

We worked too hard to get Peter to this point. I can understand why some of you want to see the characters grow old, but we have to manage these characters for the future – a future beyond you and me. A married Peter Parker – as cool as that may seem – from a creative standpoint, it handcuffs the character. It’s a very problematic thing for Peter because it cuts him off and makes Peter the oldest person in the book.

“It’s very tough to write because you want to see Peter and M.J. happy, and in a book where, really at its crust, is a soap opera about Peter’s life, the minute he gets everything he wants and life is happy, the stories get boring. So how do you create [the conflict the drama needs]? You have Mary Jane and Peter butt heads. But now you’re dealing with a marriage that isn’t a very happy marriage and they’re constantly bickering. From a story standpoint, you’ve gotta trust me on this, it sucked writing.”

Worked very hard?! You "magically" erased their marriage, without explaining it and slapped a lot of crappy stories (not all of them mind you...most of them) that YOU and your buddies wanted to tell before you had to get serious and bring the real baddies back, not to mention fingering long time fans with the first page of BND. Just so you could relive your single glory days through Spidey. Stan Lee, the CREATOR even thought it sucks and married them back into his newspaper strip. shake my head

So Peter and MJ are hard to write as a married couple, yet Reed and Sue are easy, Storm and Black Panter are easy, Luke and Jessica are easy. Sure they both have super powers but MJ never had a problem with that. When I was 10 I liked the marriage and because of that, I looked back to the 70's to catch up on Spidey. Come on Joe...THINK!

Well, to Joe Q's point, maybe you need to find a writer who can make a troubled marriage work. How is it that Reed and Sue can be married for decades and the same with Clark Kent and Lois Lane yet they have trouble with Peter and MJ. Sounds to me it's the writer's fault.

109Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

^ Another reason why I won't read Spidey again any time soon. If you can't think of any interesting stories with a married Spider-man, then you move on to another title.

110Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:54 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Boy... JJJ; what a cu--, huh?

111Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I feel bad for Pete, he was trying to do the right thing but it blew up in his face. It was a dumb thing to do and now he's gonna pay the consequences, I'm really interested to see if he gets blacklisted now. This new Vulture is okay but I'm not a big fan of his back story and all that. Spidey's play by play during the the fight with him was classic though lol.

112Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I feel bad for Pete, he was trying to do the right thing but it blew up in his face. It was a dumb thing to do and now he's gonna pay the consequences, I'm really interested to see if he gets blacklisted now. This new Vulture is okay but I'm not a big fan of his back story and all that. Spidey's play by play during the the fight with him was classic though lol.

What did he do that was so horrible that he could possibly get blacklisted? Ah. According to the article in USA Today, he does. Here's the link to the article. It's pretty interesting and it explains why he can't go back to Frontline.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2010-03-02-peterparker02_st_N.htm

I am changing my tune to this story. Looks interesting.

113Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:58 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #625

It's sort of a damn shame that Amazing Spider-Man comes out thrice-monthly. Sure, we get lots of Spidey to read, for his rogues gallery and committee of characters is second to none. (Or Batman.) While obviously not the most favorable notion, having the Spider-Man comic released only once a month would allow Joe Kelly to snatch the reign of this title all by his lonesome. In other words, webheads would never have to worry about a mediocre or average Spider-Man title again. While this week's issue comes off rather predictable, it's fair to claim the other Gauntlet stories as side-dishes to Kelly’s Rhino “rebirth" platter.

At the foremost, Kelly's use of double-narration is a tempting, albeit brave device that's pulled off tremendously. It's purely gratifying to see a Spider-Man script go beyond the call of duty. Even with the aforementioned predictability in how Aleksei plays this new Rhino's game, readers should feel indebted when seeing a writer formulate a journey so stirring no matter the result. But, in hindsight, there really was no other way to bring this whole story to a halt.

After last issue's much publicized "Peter getting fired" conclusion, that concern is only touched upon a bit this week, but with enough consideration for the whole thread’s development. I’m sure not too many readers are going to be concerned about trivial matters once they’re hit over the head by the twin Rhinos destruction.

Speaking of demolition, the pencils terrifically emulate the caustic circumstance between Norah and Spidey’s ongoing trepidation and the Aleksei’s sorrowing shame and abhorrent behavior. At times the action shots can come off clustered, and that’s only due to Fiumara’s high-end level of detail. I would most call these sequences a little more vivid, less avant-garde Bacchalo. And I like Bacchalo.

4/5 Oksanas - If only ASM were this rich (absolutely no pun) every week..

114Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Kraven's Last Hunt was amazing and while I think bringing him back would cheapen his death, it would be a hell of a shocking moment if done right.
Yeah, imagine how awesome it could be seeing him break out of the grave the same way Spidey did in KLH!

jaydee74 wrote:

Madame Web has around during Back in Black with the Venom story. I don't know any of those characters really, could someone fill me in?

Looking at that picture, I really don't care for Peter kissing Carlie. I haven't found myself liking Carlie and at this point I don't think I will. And please, how many times have they tried brining the two together now? Come on!

And there's the Lizard. I'm excited for the Lizard, he was my favorite Spidey villain as a kid and is probably still my personal favorite.

Mary and Peter re-uniting. I really hope they re-unite. Since they got rid of the marriage, Peter hasn't been dating or being romantically involved with anyone--with the exception of random sex with Black Cat and his Vin's sister---so what was the point of him becoming single? Just get MJ and Peter back together and go somewhere new with the relationship already (I haven't read the new MJ arc, so I don't know if there were any developments yet).

And then there's the baby and the Doc Ock arms. My guess is it's either Ock going after a baby, going after Peter and MJ's lost baby, or it's just a baby Doc Ock clone (he is dying..maybe he's doing something like what Luthor did when he was dying of Kryptonite radiation). I'm intrigued, we'll see..

Yeah the baby is what piqued my interest quite a bit. huh

115Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #625

Joe Kelly is the master of writing Spidey. He finished off what he started in issue #617 (I believe), and it was one of the more powerful stories of the year. I've never felt so sympathetic to Rhino like I did in this story. The poor guy got his life together and found the love of his life, only to have some asshole in a new Rhino suit ruin it all for the dumbest reasons. I wonder what will become of Rhino now. I also love Norah and the way Kelly writes her. I think this book has had the strongest supporting casts in all of comics lately. And again, I like the way this story also loosely tied into the overall Gauntlet story. Great stuff from this book continues week in and week out.

116Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:33 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that Amazing 625 may have been one of the best single issue stories that I have ever read. Everything was firing here. It was my favorite book of the week.

Last edited by comicgeekelly on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

117Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

ASM 625 was truly amazing! They should just make Joe Kelly the full-time writer, and if that means shifting the book back to monthly, then so be it.

118Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:54 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:ASM 625 was truly amazing! They should just make Joe Kelly the full-time writer, and if that means shifting the book back to monthly, then so be it.
I agree. He's amazing at writing these characters.

119Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#625 rocked. Kelly is the man, as usual.

120Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:20 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #626

Cool issue.

3.5/5 Web Fluid

121Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:12 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:ASM #626

Cool issue.

3.5/5 Web Fluid
Yep. It was good to see Pete and Michelle call a "truce" for now lol. I had forgotten about the girl Scorpion from Avengers Initiative, she's got a new look now. The art by Michael Gaydos was great too.

122Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:27 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #627

Cool issue from comic legend; pretty JRJR-inspired art.

3.5/5 Silver Age Spideys

123Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:20 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ I was thinking the exact same thing about the art. I liked this issue, but I'm not hugely into this being a three issue arc.

124Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:51 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Me either.

125Amazing Spider-Man - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ASM #627 was great. Stern rocks. I loved the writing and the art was the best in a while (not counting Joe Kelly's two issues)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum