Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Spider-Man

+27
Jango Fett
Debaser77
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
potatojoe
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Sci-Fi
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Administrator
blue halo
Esbat
ajorton
Chi-Town Spidey
shiky800
shining knight
Mnemosis
Lee
sumpter360
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

226Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:12 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Head chopped off.

Right. I'm just pissed it was by someone so lame

227Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I liked the Green Goblin series from the 90s. The Loners was good too.

I was wondering when some of the themes from the Loners would hit the rest of the Marvel U in a bigger way.

I haven't read Spidey in at least 10 years. I really like Big Time, and will read Amazing for the time being.

228Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:29 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

shiky800 wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:Anyone following Spidey the past 2-3 years knows that Marvel has been pushing the edge when it comes to their primary Spidey title. Now, of course, most parents would have no idea that their children will see semi-gratuitous elements in what's deemed an All Ages book, so Marvel needs to smarten up and raise the rating a tad.
kids read comics?

You're right. They don't. I wonder how many copies of comics Johnny DC or Marvel Adventures actually sells. Maybe 2-3 books a week lol

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

229Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:10 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Head chopped off.

Right. I'm just pissed it was by someone so lame

I don't remember him tbh, but I like his 'laugh' it reminds me of the Joker, except his laugh is sonic or something.

I mean I liked the original but as as long as the book stays as good as it has been for the last 3 issues, I'll be alright.

230Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:14 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Marvel needs to chain Ramos up and keep him on Spidey

231Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I think Marvel needs to chain Ramos up and keep him on Spidey

That would be awesome, but that's not going to happen. Just a gimmick to boost sales.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

232Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:29 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #651

This issue actually fell a little flat. While it's nice to have Hobby "back," this version's cliched villain puns and actions don't shock-and-awe as Slott intended. While Ramos' art looks good, a lot of the action panels seem rushed and don't do much other than depect trembling, firing buildings Spidey has to escape. Been there, done that. While the focus on this battle and Kingpin's Shadowland is a nice change in pace from the previous overplotting, it also comes off as the least interesting. At least the next Spider-Slayer arc appears like nothing Pete's had to deal with lately.

3/5

233Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate how good this book has gotten. I loved it.... Slott should stay on ASM for a few years and introduce/resolve all planted plot points.

234Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:04 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #652

I wasn't sure about this whole damn Spider-Slayer thing, but wow was it ever-entertaining. Slott also has a great handle on all of the family of characters, no doubt about that. While Casselli's art didn't live up to his work on Secret Warriors, it's a strong fit for the wacked-out premise; likewise with Reilly Brown's work on FVL's humorous little back-up. After an only decent issue last week, Slott once again proves he's the right man for the web-slinging job.

4/5

235Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:42 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope Slott pulls a Bendis on ASM and stays for a few years. 652 was good stuff.

236Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of # 653 is up now on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=33908

Ever since the godawful OMIT debacle ended, this book has been consistently strong.

237Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:54 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ever since Dan Slott took over, this book has been GREAT. I love how everything is ongoing and there's plots within plots, Peter making inventions.... ect

238Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I've skimmed a couple of ASM books and it looks pretty good. I have to say I kind of dig that new costume of his and the adventure he and Black Cat had was kind of fun. Not sure how interested I am in getting back into Spider-Man but I do like that costume quite a bit. Is it going to stick around for awhile?

239Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:16 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Slott is genius because he's making Peter more techy and making him use different devices, new suits for when the situation calls for it thanks to his new job and his personal station basement at the Horizon Labs. He only used that outfit as a counter measure and went back to regular by the next arc, but in a few issues we see him with yet another suit. This time it's bullet proof or something.

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 ASM_656_cov

240Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting. I love that Peter is finally using his smarts to some good use. So are we going to see him with tweaked outfits depending on the situation? Cause if that's the case, I may just get these in trades. Slott is really selling me on Spider-Man right now.

241Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:45 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love seeing Mac Gargan back in the Scorpion suit.

242Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:39 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this last issue was great. I love the fact that mac is so much stronger than he was before and i really like the design of the scorpion costume.

243Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

No thoughts on 541?

244Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Still haven't gotten around to reading it, but I hear it's a doozy..

245Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:03 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this book, it's easily now in my top 6 books.

246Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Big Time has lived up the hype. This week's .1 should be interesting...

247Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:59 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 2hqdjc3

248Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:32 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Not exactly a "jumping-on" point for Big Time, this new Venom-induced issue will have fans of the character rejoicing. Sure, it's merely one-note hero reborn stuff, but there's no denying the quality of the aesthetics. Unlike the Iron Man .1, I'm sort of glad Slott took this one in a new direction. It's bad enough we pay four bucks for our comics to be riddled with another "summary" issue.

My hats off to that.

3.5/5

249Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#655 was amazing.

250Amazing Spider-Man - Page 10 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:11 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Really good but I can't help but feel we've been down this path one too many times in the past. And I don't just mean character death/funeral issues--just more or less the same presentation. While Slott penned it correctly and Martin's art is perfect for it, the whole thing just gets redundant.

4/5, more-so for the quality than originality

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum