Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Spider-Man

+27
Jango Fett
Debaser77
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
potatojoe
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Sci-Fi
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Administrator
blue halo
Esbat
ajorton
Chi-Town Spidey
shiky800
shining knight
Mnemosis
Lee
sumpter360
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

51Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:15 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah what was up with the art? It just didnt work. I did enjoy the issue with the mama jokes being the best part

52Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #611

What a strange book. I'm sure some of you will take this as a breath of fresh air away from the Clone Saga Ben Reilly Kane Raptor madness, while others will call this a filler guest feature. To me, it's both. It's definitely a forced bridge to The Gauntlet (one of the more exciting solicits for ASM), but it's a funny forced bridge. Unfortunately, most of the art took the fun away from me. The typically cartoony style of the Deadpool books or even someone like Steve Dillon would've been ideal for the book; not this sketchy and all-too thinly layered piece of...work?

I came away from the book not knowing what to think. Was this a work of genius, or pure crap? Again, it's both. Kelly isn't on his A-game in terms of Spidey writing (some call him the current volume's best) or his classic Pool penning (check out his short from Deadpool #900 for some great humor). But his B game might just be good enough. Even with it's fill of duds, milk-spewing moments like the "Yo Mama" rant towards the issue's end more than make up for it.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Buy It, or Else

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

53Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:32 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought that 611 was an ok issue my main issue with it was the art. it was a good one shot. noe bring on the next story

54Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:23 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I agree, good but not great.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

55Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

So, I got and read ASM and...I swear the art is getting worse! In my oh so humble opinion, anyways. The story was okay, but the "Electro is down, out and mopey but then strikes back!" thing has been done at least a couple times already. And the art! Aaaaahhhh! I think it's the worst I've seen in a Spider-Man title. I thought the Spidey-Black Cat story was just atrocious to look at. C'mon, Marvel, where's those quality artists you had on the book before?

56Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While it's been getting a lot of criticism, I enjoyed Eric Canete's art on ASM #611. It was different and a little odd. I guess that's why I enjoyed it. For a one issue stint it's cool to see something different. The story was very funny. Loved the writing.

57Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:52 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just fliped through the newest issue. I have yet to read it, but the art is horrid.

58Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dark Reign: The List - Amazing Spider-Man #1

I've been waiting for this one on one confrontation with Spidey and Normie for awhile now, and this definitely did not disappoint. I like how Norman had Spidey last on the List because he saw it as his personal "reward" to kill him at the end. He knows that Spidey doesn't have any power in the MU, and many people even see him as a criminal, so he knew he could wait to take him out. He wanted to savor it...delayed gratification if you will.

Now the story and the fight between the two was great too. Pete did a great job of finding some really incriminating dirt on Norman, and now it looks like he got the word out, but Norman is crafty so he will probably weasel out of it somehow. And it was so crazy to see the citizens cheering Iron Patriot on and rooting against Spidey. Maybe if they were in Boston it would be the other way around...based off the last annual, Beantown loves Spidey! Laughing

Overall great issue with great art by Adam Kubert. It'll be interesting to see how all this affects Norman's plans and whether or not he and Spidey will have a final fight in the end.

59Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:26 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

612 Review: The writing was very good. I like what they're doing with Electro. One thing that seemed odd to me was a heatwave in New York in this time of year. The back up story was somewhat unneeded, but I found it to be very entertaining. It's always good to see the Black Cat. Overall the art was not the best, but it was a good read.

60Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:13 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The back up's art was fucking horrible. gross

As far as the main story, I'm digging it and I am looking forward to the rest of the Knightfal- .... I mean the Gauntlet story line.

61Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:21 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:The back up's art was fucking horrible. gross

As far as the main story, I'm digging it and I am looking forward to the rest of the Knightfal- .... I mean the Gauntlet story line.

Agreed. So far, so good. This should be an awesome big ass story.

62Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:30 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would like to see Electro in his mask but that's ok! Bring on the classic baddies!

63Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:19 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #612

The Gauntlet gets off to a good start with Mark Waid giving us both a solid origin and newly found intent from Electro. And I enjoyed the art in the story, as it sets off the Silver Age style meshed with the new widescreen stylings. For instance, the more detailed, realistic art from say Andy Kubert wouldn't work here considering The Gauntlet is Spidey's new world in a trance. The bold, simpler sketches send off that dreamlike world, as well as in the classical sense of say a Tim Sale or Darwyn Cooke. I appreciate the classics, and while it still contains enough realism to coincide with ASM's recent run of seriousness, that aura helps present the story in a much finer way. But I have a few questions for the audience at home: Did anyone buy the variant cover? Or did you prefer the main one? Did anyone pick up Web of Spider-Man to get a deeper look into Electro and how did that further you're reading experience?

3.5/5 Webs - More goodness from which that is ASM!

64Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #612

I'm really liking this take on Electro. I kinda feel sorry for the guy, his life is hell. Waid's use of the current financial situation was nicely done. Oh and I liked the revelation that Pete thought he got drunk at the wedding but really didn't Laughing Overall very solid start to the Gauntlet.

The Black Cat backup story was good too, should be hilarious now that her and Pete will be working together. yes

65Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:52 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I fell asleep a hundred times during the backup...worst art ever.

66Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:I fell asleep a hundred times during the backup...worst art ever.

I kinda liked the quirky pseudo-Anime style...something different

67Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:35 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Amazing Spider-Man #613

You know it's Thanksgiving, or Christmas, when no one gives feedback for an issue of Amazing Spider-Man. No one bothered to get their books on Thanksgiving eve? Opting instead to go to the packie, or choose to pamper themself before heading out for the night? Does your country's LCS not get books until next week? Are you not online because you're not at school, therefore not able to have access to the net via your grandmother's landline? Sure, all these are all viable excuses. So while many of you were away, one has to wonder if the quality of Spider-Man was too.

Mark Waid is the man. He's one of my favorite comic book writers of all time, yet I can't help but to admit not being too excited about his latest slew of ASM books. Many of them feel feel overly Silver Agey, despite this latest roster of Spidey authors going the shock/exploitation route (it's a wonder how this book still recieves the "A" for All Ages rating). Waid's attempts at humor simply lack the new generation's "fuck you" element to it, as I'm sure most just label it corny. As good as Waid can tell a story, and he does a good job at making Electro as viable as he can be, the plot is bare-bones. It's your usual stuff. Deranged scientist helps newfound villain regain his confidence and become more powerful, villain commits a terrible crime, there's a confrontation, all madness breaks out, there's a simple resolution, the moral is...blah blah.

And sure, this is probably what most of the Spider-Man conglomerate love. It's just that, at this point, I'm more attracted to Spidey stories that try and break the mold. Hopefully, more Gauntlet-inspired titles will try something new rather than just bringing the old back.

3/5 Webs - Decent

68Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:19 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm liking the update to Electro's powers.

69Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:52 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought it was a good issue but i am not crazy about the art. i thought electro got a cool upgrade and i am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

70Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #613

The art kinda grew on me this issue, thought it was much better than last. I'm enjoying this Electro arc, Waid is really getting into the psyche of Electro and making us care for the guy. I think the use of the frustrations over bailouts is a good idea considering the current climate in the country. At first glance, Electro seems like such an odd choice for being the "man of the people" but Waid has made it work pretty well. Looking forward to seeing that he does to Bennett..

71Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:29 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #406
Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Amz406

Powerful stuff. A lot of potential good stories were thrown out...

Quesada, you are just a moron when it comes to Spidey.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

72Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I like how MJ refers to the baby as she and Peter as he!

73Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:01 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Amazing Spider-Man #614

It appears everyone's all riled up about the art in ASM's latest arc. It's a throwback to the golden age with pale shades, classicly drawn textures, and storied emotions. Those are it's strongpoints. While Azaceta's pencils match the story's vibe to a tee, these stylings threw me off in #612 with its abrupt change. As the art grew on me throughout the arc, the script didn't.

The battle between Electro and Spidey lives to the hype: it's frantic in it's pacing and pretty sharp on pushing the story. I'm just not so big on Spidey's dialogue. The golden-agey "gee willickers!"-type bantering came off pretty stale. Remember how those old comics had nearly every line end with a "!" to show enthusiasm? It's back, and quite overdone. If I wanted to read Lee and Kirby comics, then well, you know.

Thankfully the story is saved by it's groundbreaking finish, making the book worth the immediate purchase. Even if I was not moved by Mark Waid's "throwback" scripting, he did choose to shake things up within the Spidey world and that's big. Thus, the Gauntlet is a success, even if it was down to the slighest margin.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Solid finish to an up-and-down start to Gauntlet

74Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:57 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed this Electro arc, and it seems like it'll play a big part in the overall Gauntlet story. Waid did a great job with Electro too. He really hadn't been this relevant since the very first arc of New Avengers. Plus the developments with the DB and Dexter Bennett were pretty shocking. And I really liked the art too, some of the fight panels between Electro and Spidey were just awesome.

Also, for some reason I feel like this arc would be perfect for a Spidey film. I dunno why, but the story with the DB, Electro's motivations and "man of the people" angle, etc seem like they would fit perfectly into the Spidey movie verse. Just a thought.

75Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #615

This Gauntlet mini-event has been really good so far. Last arc revitalized Electro, and this arc seems poised to do the same for Sandman. I like that they're humanizing Marko kinda like they did in Spidey 3, we're getting to see how he's basically just a regular guy that cares about his kid. I also liked the parts with JJJ admiring the destroyed DB building, Van Lente got across the emotion effectively. Plus, I really liked Pulido's old school looking art, it works well with the tone of the story.

Oh and Spidey scarf, beanie, and leg warmers FTW! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum