Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Spider-Man

+27
Jango Fett
Debaser77
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
potatojoe
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Sci-Fi
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Administrator
blue halo
Esbat
ajorton
Chi-Town Spidey
shiky800
shining knight
Mnemosis
Lee
sumpter360
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tough question. Is it better to be Amazing or Spectacular? I'm going with Amazing. No real reason. Just because.

27Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I think amazing just sounds better. A-MAZE-ing!

As opposed to...

Spec-TAC-ular!

On the other hand, that Spectacular Spider-Man show had a pretty catchy theme song.

28Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:19 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is my favorite Spider-Man song Smile

29Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:This is my favorite Spider-Man song Smile

I love that version.

30Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #610

This Ben Reilly arc was decent, not great but okay. Its kinda odd how we only saw Ben in flashbacks and he didn't make an actual appearance, so whether he's actually alive or not is sort of up in the air still. Solid enough story with Raptor and all though.

What I love about Amazing Spidey being near weekly is, if you don't love one arc, there's always the next arc coming up soon. And its great that most the arcs have been consistently awesome for awhile now.

Next up: DEADPOOL!

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 1_amazing_spider_man_611

Can't wait! Very Happy

31Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:17 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

W00t! I love Spidey and Deadpool team-ups! How can you go wrong with two of Marvel's most agile and wisecracking characters?

32Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:30 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

After this last arc, which I didn't care for, I'm pumped for the one and done Deadpool story.

33Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:44 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Found this on the CBR board...

On his jinxworld message board, Michael Lark posted his images from his upcoming Spider-Man run.

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 ASMPrelude0304

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 ASMPrelude05

And he's also drawing the cover of a Spider-Man VS Kraven collection...
Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 SM-KravenCover400color

34Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:19 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i am so happy this whole who was ben reily story is over. it was a waste of time

35Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Heck no, it wasn't! They're testing the Bring Back Ben Reilly waters, I tell you!

36Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:40 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:Heck no, it wasn't! They're testing the Bring Back Ben Reilly waters, I tell you!
i hope not. leave peter as the only spiderman the end. enough of this crap

37Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:48 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Uhm, okay...no. I like Ben Reilly and I'd like to see him return.

38Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:20 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Amazing Spider-Man #610

As someone who actually enjoyed the last 2 issues--a lot more than I ever expected, trust me--this was a little bit of a let down. But in a way, it's good, because it ENDED. Confused? I am too. While I enjoyed the 608 and 609, it was more or less, enjoying the execution of these issues, not actually the content itself. I've never been one to even know of the Clone Saga or Ben Reilly, or even Kaine, so I guess that explains why I found this stuff pretty interesting. But just not as interesting as American Son, Mary Jane, or the upcoming Deadpool/Spidey arc. Credit Guggenheim for trying. (He's got guts, I will say that.) I know Guggs also loves his whole Menace arc, but I actually found the writing on this one to be a lot tighter. The art was pretty cool too, despite it's use of multiple artists. It's over, and it's certainly not memorable, but Marc definitely cleared up some rather shallow references towards much of Spidey's 90's era. Glad he took a wack at it.

3/5 Bags&Boards - Solid

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

39Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:57 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Dispite my love of Deadpool, I had to pass up this issue of ASM. I flipped through it at the LCS, and neither the art, nor the story was compelling enough to make me break my no-ASM-until-BND-is-retconned rule.

40Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say I want The Scarlet Spider back. It'd be just the thing to freak out Osborn that much more.

http://realityfugitives.com/

41Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:00 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

My PCS got shorted, so I won't get the Spidey/Pooly goodness till next week. Grr.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

42Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Mostly out of pure randomness on my part. Last night I bought ASM issue 608. Have yet to read it though.

43Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:31 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

# 611 was pretty funny. Very random.... but amusing.

44Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

"Next time we meet, in Deadpool #19, I'm going to dutch oven you with your own webs."

Oh Joe Kelly, the things you come up with, lol.

Pretty funny issue, obviously it was just filler, but it was still awesome, DP and Spidey getting into a Yo Mamma contest made my day.

45Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:DP and Spidey getting into a Yo Mamma contest made my day.

The only thing I liked about this issue. The rest I could have done without. The jokes in general were pretty bad (again, save for the yo momma jokes), the story itself was pretty standard, and the art sucked horribly.

46Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:32 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ASM: The List preview

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=31874

47Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:05 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I absolutely loved 611. It was funny as hell and a lot more wordy than I expected it to be.

48Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:38 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ASM 612 preview

WOW! (great!)

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=31898&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+newsaramacomics+(Newsarama.com+comics)

49Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #611

This was hilarious! Spidey + Deadpool is already awesome enough, but throw in Lady Stilt-Man and you've got a winner! Laughing
And the issue was still relevant to what's been happening with Kraven's family and Madam Web. Great Stuff.

Plus, we got a Blackest Night reference from Wade:
"Not enough to justify what's about to happen to my pedicure. And I paid an extra for the little Blackest Night symbols too. My feets is a rainbow of power.."

Then the editor's box...
"This is Geoff Johns and I approve this message."

Geoff Johns editor's box ftw! Laughing Laughing

50Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:30 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I can't believe I read an issue of Spider-Man featuring Deadpool and...I didn't like it! I just didn't find it that funny and the art was definitely not my cup of tea. And Kelly's always been my favorite DP writer, too! How could this happen?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum