Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Spider-Man

+27
Jango Fett
Debaser77
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
potatojoe
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Sci-Fi
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Administrator
blue halo
Esbat
ajorton
Chi-Town Spidey
shiky800
shining knight
Mnemosis
Lee
sumpter360
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

201Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I still disagree, but whatever. I'm tired of arguing/discussing this. I had my fill when the story first came out.

Last thing I want to say is that even the stuff dealing with his personal life felt superficial. The stories seemed like all flash and no substance.

202Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I still disagree, but whatever. I'm tired of arguing/discussing this. I had my fill when the story first came out.

Last thing I want to say is that even the stuff dealing with his personal life felt superficial. The stories seemed like all flash and no substance.

Agreed.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

203Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Oboy! More talking about OMD/OMIT! I might as well throw in what I said on the CBR forum & to Bigtymin:

When OMD hit I was spewing venom. Then I moved on into BND and I was enjoying it..the writing and art were pretty darn good. For example, I think ASM 600 was one of the best comics I've read from Marvel in recent years. With guys like Marcos Martin, FVL, Slott, Waid, Kelly, etc. I was fine. However, the folks at Marvel decided to pick at the wound left by OMD, and I was back to some sad yet funny tantrums. Then these interviews came and began to pick even more..I begin to contemplate quitting Spider-man.

But somehow today I just stopped caring. It doesn't matter that much anymore. I still dislike the removal of the marriage, but y'know what? I still have the wedding annual. You can't tell me that didn't happen, I read it. Perhaps I read it in the wrong sequence. I know that in the world of fanboys, that can help get you taken to the friendly room with the soft walls, but I don't care. If the Marvel guys wanna make marriage-less stories, fine..to me the annual will happen sometime after all that. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'll go with it.

I'll agree that Pete's private life hasn't felt very realistic as of yet, but with the upcoming girlfriend hopefully that'll change. In fact I'm going to say something really controversial: It's probably best if they pulled through with bringing Gwen Stacy back. Now don't start throwing spears at me, hold on, hear me out. If he's not with Mary Jane and they aren't really bringing back the Black Cat romance or the Betty Brant one, then it's best he's with Gwen. Any other relationship with any other girl will probably only last for as long as that writer stays on the title. However if you bring Gwen into the fold you'll give me a relationship that I personally can believe in...before the MJ love story that we all fell in love with, there was Gwen. Now many, myself included, may not appreciate the dismantling of such an iconic story or death, but like OMD or the clone saga the wound has been picked at so many times, and this time it may sadly be a necessary evil to help us believe in a relationship that doesn't involve MJ, BC, or Betty. Or maybe I just haven't had anything to eat yet and am just rambling, your call. Laughing Wasn't there a sister to Gwen Stacy? Why not bring her back..I could go with that relationship.

But right now what I really wanna see is some good fun Spider-man stories that I will enjoy and will wash out the OMD/OMIT taste. The artists are extremely satisfying, and Dan Slott really makes me think of classic Marvel, so I don't think that should be too big of a problem. As long as I can read a book with fun characters, good relationships and good ol' superheroics, I'll be fine. Just please find away to fit MJ into the book with a major role..I know she's been in the books but I get a feeling the offices are a bit afraid of her..she's not even on the cover to the first issue of Big Time (the one that has his supporting cast), and even Carlie is on there! Anyways, bring on 'Big Time!'

204Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:34 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

FVL's ode to BND was superb...lots of goodies in this comic for $5. Anyone read?

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

205Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:48 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:FVL's ode to BND was superb...lots of goodies in this comic for $5. Anyone read?

Yeah I read it and I really enjoyed it. The finale to BND was a very fitting end. For the most part I liked BND and I can't wait to see what they do with Big Time.

206Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Death

Shocked

207Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:28 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

First Reaction:
Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Picard-facepalm

Second reaction: Haha! This'll never last! Here's guessing it's a stunt that doesn't even involve his death. In fact it most likely involves Spidey temporarily joining FF. Remember this?

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Spider-man-big-time-martin-promospiderman_col-197x300

It's most likely just happening for that storyarc. Besides, who would replace Spider-man? I was fine with Dick Grayson replacing Batman cos he's the logical replacement. Like Superman, Peter Parker doesn't really have someone who can replace him. Then again, I suppose we could have him be replaced by Ben Reilly or (my preferred choice) Flash Thompson, so what do I know? Here's saying it involves the FF storyline.

208Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:50 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, Spider-Man's going to try and take over Hells Kitchen?

209Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:53 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

They just killed him in the Other, why do it again so soon.

210Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. I feel this has been done before. Oh wait. It has. Rolling Eyes

211Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:45 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I was actually thinking about coming back to Spider-Man because of this Big Time arc but I don't want to see another "Death of" storyline.

212Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel with the curveball...it's Ultimate Spider-Man!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/death-of-spider-man-101110.html

213Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:46 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Enough of the "Death of.."....Did anyone in fact read Big Time and what were your thoughts? No time to do a full review buds but this issue kicked all sorts of arse. Sure it was "crammed" with plenty of threads and an abomination of characters, but has any recent Spidey issue been this FUN?

Avengers? Moving (sounds like what I'm going through now..)? Sinister Six? New job? Hobgoblin? etc. etc. etc.

easily a 4.5/5 from me and I approve of Ramos' hipster art..

214Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:19 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was a fan of Big Time as well. ASM has been consistantly good (not including OMIT) for a while now and I hope that this can bring back some of the old readers that dropped it because of OMD.

215Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:13 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved loved loved seeing that is Hobgoblin back! Add Ramos art to it and it makes it even sweeter.

216Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Big Time continues to be great! Woe is Kingsley!

217Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:17 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was incredibly suprised that they showed
Spoiler:
. This is still supposed to be a book for kids.

218Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dropped this during Origin Of Species but Big Time has been great so far. I'll continue to pick up select issues with stories that interest me.

219Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM isn't for kids. Spider-Man Marvel Adventures is.

Now, Big Time has been BIG, as Slott's dream gig continues to be far and away his best work. The Love Triangle of Carlie, MJ and Pete kills; love the slight tie-in to Shadowland with Kingpin; and the Gargan stuff in the back-up intrigues me....

220Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:16 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:ASM isn't for kids. Spider-Man Marvel Adventures is.

ASM is still rated A, which is only one step up in the rating system from the Adventures books.

221Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:43 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

What the fuck bucket

222Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:37 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Head chopped off.

223Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:13 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Anyone following Spidey the past 2-3 years knows that Marvel has been pushing the edge when it comes to their primary Spidey title. Now, of course, most parents would have no idea that their children will see semi-gratuitous elements in what's deemed an All Ages book, so Marvel needs to smarten up and raise the rating a tad.

224Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Anyone following Spidey the past 2-3 years knows that Marvel has been pushing the edge when it comes to their primary Spidey title. Now, of course, most parents would have no idea that their children will see semi-gratuitous elements in what's deemed an All Ages book, so Marvel needs to smarten up and raise the rating a tad.
kids read comics?

225Amazing Spider-Man - Page 9 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:26 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Anyone following Spidey the past 2-3 years knows that Marvel has been pushing the edge when it comes to their primary Spidey title. Now, of course, most parents would have no idea that their children will see semi-gratuitous elements in what's deemed an All Ages book, so Marvel needs to smarten up and raise the rating a tad.

Agreed. I think Marvel's stopped paying attention to their ratings once they're on a book for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum