Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Spider-Man

+27
Jango Fett
Debaser77
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Rath99
potatojoe
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Fresh03
Sci-Fi
rwe1138
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Nymn
prescribeddrone
Administrator
blue halo
Esbat
ajorton
Chi-Town Spidey
shiky800
shining knight
Mnemosis
Lee
sumpter360
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

126Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:51 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still not fully caring about this story arc. It's not bad, but I'm not a huge fan of it. I also didn't care for the fact that 628 was $4 just because of an unneeded back up.

127Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:34 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #628

3/5 Saturday Morning Spidey Tales - Decent, don't care for the $4 either, although I enjoyed the back-up.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

128Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat May 01, 2010 7:16 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was not expecting the turn that this issue took. Good to see that everybody got a happy ending.

The prelude for the next arc was pretty good and I'm looking forward to the next issue.

129Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sun May 02, 2010 6:17 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #629

Can't help but admit I'm glad to see this story arc go. While it finished pretty well, and I like this particular Captain Universe's origin (no matter how silly it comes off), there was simply too much time travel/alternate dimension/mind control crap for me. This is Spider-Man! I'm not asking for your usual street level stories, but really... At least it should be interesting to see where Juggernaut goes next. Also, I didn't feel Weeks' art was up to par with the previous two issues.

3/5 Missing Gauntlets - This one basically receives an extra point with the neat Prologue added on and the price "drop" to $2.99.

130Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri May 07, 2010 9:15 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of # 630 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=22960

131Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm loving the art for this arc so far. Good to see the Lizard back.

Is this the last story before the final part of The Gauntlet?

132Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat May 08, 2010 2:04 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #630

Now this is more like it. Sure it's the same Lizard story told a zillion times over. Sure it's Black Cat temptations, bad luck and deftly scour churning Pete's eyelids from promiscuity. Yet, this issue made me smile. I completely understand how Connors feels when a girl I admire is whisked under my arms only for me to start condensing into a bottle of Schweppes. I instantly ginger-ailed my inner lungs towards the broad, hurling bubbly vaporizations and oozing liquidized realms of terror onto my former compatriates. Say, what?

4/5 Bachalo Draws Again - Full of pretty pictures

133Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri May 14, 2010 7:21 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #631

Gauntlet continues to enthrall while tipping off at Grim Hunt. Not the biggest fan of the "filler" art but at least it was during the quieter scenes not featuring Lizard. Bachalo is really topping himself here. There isn't much to say other that this is another fun, pretty book to look at and enjoy. Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Typical middle issue, yet still with all the goods.

134Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri May 14, 2010 10:49 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The dueling caption boxes were my favorite part of this book. It was really cool to have Conners fighting the Lizard.

135Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat May 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I liked # 631 a lot more than the previous issue, and Bachalo's art looked a lot better too, as it was a lot more consistent in style. I'm not a huge fan of his Lizard, but I do appreciate that he's doing something different with the character. I like Wells' internal conflict between Connors and the Lizard.

136Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ASM 632- This arc has made the Lizard cool again. They have turned the character of the Lizard on his head and made him into a badass. My only gripe about this book was that the art was done by two artists. The fill in art wasn't bad at all, but I don't care for when a book needs a fill in artist.

Annual- Don't bother with it. The timeline is so fucked up here. It is supposed to tell the story of Cap meeting Spidey for the first time, whihc takes place only a little while after Cap joins the Avengers after he is thawed out. I guess this happened sometime in the 2000's because Cap uses a computer to do some research about Spider-Man and Wikipedia is referenced. Then there was a second story about Stan Lee in the 616 universe. It was an Untold Tale for a reason. Overall this annual sucked and it wasn't worth the $4 at all. Run from this book like it's trying to steal your money.

137Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ASM 632

Wow. Just wow. I have not been impressed with most thing I've read recently but this was good. Lizard was spot on perfect as the creepy villain.

138Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #632

Gauntlet has been awesome, agreed?

3.5/5 - Btw, I thought the art changes were good. Yup, not a typo.

139Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon May 31, 2010 11:30 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the art and coloring is great in the last 3 issues.

140Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was weird to get two issues of Amazing in one week.

633- This was a good wrap up to the story and I'm happy to see that they didn't get rid of the new Lizard. I'm also glad that Aunt May is back to normal. I really wasn't a fan of that plot line and where it was going. I'm looking forward to the eventual return of the Lizard

634- One word: Damn! The Grim Hunt got off to a great start. This is how you kick off a big story. With all of the bonus content I really didn't mind paying the extra dollar for this issue.

After looking at these two issues and a couple of the past issues that have been released, I'm really beginning to question Marvel for giving this an A rating. Lately ASM has been just as violent and bloody as most of the T+ rated Marvel books.

141Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:16 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM #633

While I liked it, didn't feel like much happened in the issue. A lot of this arc was an exposition for Bachalo's avante garde penciling, which is nice, but storywise, they're were all pretty brief reads.

3.5/5

ASM #634

And this was a nice little package. I really enjoyed the back-up that gave us some hidden stories about Kraven during that classic storyline. As for the main attraction, for the most part it lives up to the hype. There are some shocking appearances, a "whoa" ending, and some murky art from Lark (Daredevil). It helps to erase the cartoony vibe of ASM--tho Gauntlet has certainly been dark--for such a horrific time. Loved the (lacking?) sexual tension between Arachne and Spidey.

4/5

142Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One More Piece of Crap coming up in July.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26805

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

143Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:One More Piece of Crap coming up in July.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26805

What a way to re-open old wounds Joe Q. Unless he's reversing this (hell would freeze over first, I'm sure), he should not be touching on this again. It seems pointless and unnecessary. In any case, I'm not buying this. His penchants for quick fixes (OMD, Ultimatum, House of M, that silliness with the skrulls, Helicarriers becoming hax level engines of destruction) make me think this will be a disappointing story. The endings he has allowed and supported under his tenure make me wonder.

144Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #630-633

I just read "SHED" in one sitting, great arc. You have to feel bad for Dr. Connors, everytime the poor guy seems to be getting his life together, things take a turn for the worse. Great stuff by the underrated Zeb Wells and some beautifully dynamic art by Chris Bachalo.

Looking forward to Grim Hunt!

145Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:43 am

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

I really enjoyed 634. I can't wait to see what happens next!

I'm also really liking Lark's art on this.

Is it weird that I'm semi-excited for O.M.I.T.?

146Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Variant Cover....

Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 1277397461

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

147Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's a cool looking cover.

148Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Grim Hunt has been kicking so much ass. This is such a dark story for a Spider-Man story. I am just loving it.

On a side note these past two issues have been $3.99, but they have both been worth their price due to the bonus content.

149Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

# 635 was really good. My review is up now on the site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=25134

150Amazing Spider-Man - Page 6 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Amazing Spider-Man #634 & #635

Wow "Grim Hunt" is intense! This is a dark dark story, and it's just fantastic so far. It's been filled with shocking moments and I honestly have no idea what's coming next. Joe Kelly, one of the best Spidey writers of his generation, is crafting an amazing story with Spidey and the Kraven family of hunters. Everything from the "Gauntlet" of the last year or so has been directly building up to this, and now we're getting the massive payoff. And Michael Lark is the perfect man to draw it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum