Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official WWE Raw Thread

+27
theamazingstillies
Aussiemandias
shark6495
Bigtymin504
hrdwrkngXsoldier
shiky800
Winter Decay
comicgeekelly
melvinlikechris
Matt
Sandman
AlienIncognito
MillionDollarGeek
jaydee74
Esbat
Metal Misfit
prescribeddrone
ajorton
Sci-Fi
ChrisToPhenom
Mnemosis
rwe1138
krpykrwly
J Nova
Fresh03
riv1
DickGrayson007
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Discuss all things WWE related. On a side note I'm sitting here getting drunk and watching RAW and I would totally screw Vicky Guerrero(Sorry Eddie). Anyway, what are your thoughts on our new champions?

WWE Champ:Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Champ:Edge

ECW Champ:Christian

2The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Orton: hopefully he's transitional

Edge: very happy with that, he's a great heel

Christian: He's great, hopefully this will lead him to one of the big shows eventually

3The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:05 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Randy Orton: I made my feelings about Rand pretty clear in the other thread, he's a piece of garbage who only has a job/life/whatever because his family is famous, the things he did prior to wrestling and since he's arrived show exactly what type of human being he is. I hope he tears his shoulder up again at the soonest possible time so that he can be stripped of the title again.

Edge: Another not so great human, while he's less vile than Randy, I don't like him as a person, he's one heck of a performer though, but 9 title runs is a bit ridiculous to be honest, Punk would have been the better choice.

Christian: Here's one I like, he deserved to be champ during his first run in the WWE, now that he's back he's still serving his sentance for jumping to TNA on the C show, but he's more than capable of carrying ECW on his back until his time comes to be moved up to either Raw or SD when his punishment is up.

As for Raw, actually it wasn't to bad for once, MVP getting a shot at the champ certainly made my night and was a good match, normally I change the channel when Orton is on, but seeing MVP get his shot was fun.

Kendrick vs. Koffi was a good opener, I'm a huge fan of The Brian Kendrick, hopefully he won't get jobbed to the basement over on Raw and achieve some mid card success, he's just too damned to to go to waste.

Matt Hardy pulling a Bob Orton was hilarious to me.

Divas match, pretty typical WWE disrespect to the lady wrestlers, match lasts all of about 2 minutes and the focus was on two male superstars instead of the women and one of the few women who can actually wrestle, Jillian Hall, takes the fall to Santino no less.

Tag match was solid, Carlito and Primo looked on top of it, Chavo and Jamie looked a tad off, but they're both great performers and held it together.

Main event, typical Big man match, which I'm not a fan of unless it's Undertaker vs. Kane, slow and you could see the end coming from a mile and a half away after what happened at Backlash.

Not many matches, build up for things to come was solid though, like the inevitable slaughter of the Miz at the hands of Cena, and with allot of the big names not at 100% the night after the PPV they put together an enjoyable Raw.

4The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:04 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

For some reason i didn't enjoy the show as much as usual. Can't put my finger on it, but, the first 20-30 minutes of Orton gloating most likely se the tone for me.
It was great to see MVP back to his old self though. His SD losing streak was painful to watch. not sure if that was due to his backstage doings but, as a storyline the only good thing that came from it was the eventual turnaround. I like him as a face.

5The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

MVP's one of the better actual technical wrestlers they've got on the roster, his time training with Benoit insured that, but his nice mix of Masahiro Chono, there's an old name for you WCW fans, into his offense with all of the Yakuza kicks and the Drive By Kick as a finisher just make me love him all the more.

ECW last night was pretty solid, Finlay vs. Kidd was solid, I'm still waiting on DH Smith to start running around with Kidd and Natalya though.

Christian vs. Dreamer was actually one of the better matches of Tommy's career not involving some sort of hardcore implements. Tommy chain wrestled like I haven't seen him do in years and looked at the top of his game, and seeing Christian heel it up a bit is always fun, even if he's supposed to be a face right now.

It's going to be sad to see Tommy go here in a couple of months, he's been such a great influence in ECW over the years and has been the consumate company guy. Before they got absorbed he went 8 years being a mainevent guy and never winning the ECW title, and only accepted it when everyone else was jumping ship to WWE or WCW towards the end of the Monday Night Wars.

Once the WWE absorbed it I was certain that he was done and over, he's not a great wrestler, he doesn't have the look or size that the WWE likes, and he represented everything that ECW stood for, but he stuck around after ECW's rebirth and has been a great mentor to the younger stars back stage.

I kind of doubt that he'll get the ECW strap before he goes, Christian is a better choice to hold the title for a long run right now, but a few more matches like last night will give the fans a great last impression as he goes out.

I'd like to see his last match be against RVD at a PPV personally, but who knows if the WWE would do that for him, in my mind he deserves at least that though.

Not many matches in the one hour, but both were good, which is typical of ECW.

6The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Sat May 02, 2009 4:45 pm

J Nova

J Nova
Cadet
Cadet

Fresh03 wrote:MVP's one of the better actual technical wrestlers they've got on the roster, his time training with Benoit insured that, but his nice mix of Masahiro Chono, there's an old name for you WCW fans, into his offense with all of the Yakuza kicks and the Drive By Kick as a finisher just make me love him all the more.

Indeed. I enjoy watching him wrestle and feel he is one
of the more talented and entertaining wrestlers around
(few can be considered both).

7The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue May 26, 2009 3:50 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, Kennedy returns from an injury last night and promptly is injured AGAIN in his first match. .

I think he's not real person but animated peanut brittle.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

8The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue May 26, 2009 4:28 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I hope he shaves the goatee. It makes him look like Jake Busey.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

9The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue May 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

How great is the whole Kreonke debacle for Vince? What a fantastic turn!

10The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well, with Mr. Kennedy getting released last week I'm looking forward to Raw tonight a bit less, sometimes the idiocy of that company just baffles me to no end.

11The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Kennedy's been released? Man.. I'm so glad I don't watch regularly anymore!

12The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:40 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The commentary kills me. . .

Spoilers from Extreme Rules.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

13The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

WHAT THE!? Did I drop acid and not realize it?

14The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hardcore WWE fan here! I can't wait to watch tonight's show.

15The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Seriously... Trump?

16The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Wow... ZZ Top as the guest host. This is miserable. This shouldn't even be considered television.

17The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:46 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Seth Green was great last week.

18The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Wow... Lawler was AWESOME just now.

19The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:33 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

What did Lawler do?

20The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Sci-Fi wrote:What did Lawler do?
Beat The Brian Kendrick.

21The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

And did a phenomenal job. He throws a more convincing punch than any of the other guys wrestling today, nailed a standing drop kick, and delivered his finisher impressively.

22The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

rwe1138 wrote:
Sci-Fi wrote:What did Lawler do?
Beat The Brian Kendrick.

Ahh.. So was that one of Lawler's random appearances? I would have watched Raw last night but I forgot about it.

23The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:59 am

ajorton

ajorton
Cadet
Cadet

Lawler amazed me lolz. Kendrick is a good worker tho. I probaly would have rather wanted to see Marella job to Lawler. Marella would have made it more comical.

24The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:32 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Hardy has the title and Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters is back, albeit significantly de-roided! WOOT!

25The Official WWE Raw Thread Empty Re: The Official WWE Raw Thread Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:28 am

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Lol.. I loved the part when Santino started rapping.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum