Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kick-Ass

+44
MillionDollarGeek
Thundermatts
Nymn
Sapphire Gypsy
(._Y_.)
Demonweasel
Scarie187
melvinlikechris
JonSpangler
Paroxysm
colossus1979
Hannibal king
Bigtymin504
Warren_Worthington IV
supervenom
Sandman
Spazzy
Rath99
Foreigner_Man
Off_White_Lantern
MikeSabian
Astro13Zombie
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LordD3r3k
Spaced4SimonPegg
Tom
ChrisToPhenom
shining knight
jaydee74
pumkinheadfan
prescribeddrone
riv1
AlienIncognito
deadbolt85
Fresh03
Denim
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Silent K
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Lee
BlueMaxx
48 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:35 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

102Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:18 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to see this, but I can't bring myself to go out alone right now.... maybe on Wednesday.... I dunno.

103Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:28 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:That's probably the most "excited" I'll ever see you for a Millar project. Laughing

Probably. I'm just over what he considers to be entertaining. don't know

Tomer Soiker wrote:I'm sure Derek raised a brow (not in a negative way) when he heard about The Superman Story DC Will Never Let Mark Millar Write.

Is that the one that One More Day pretty much ripped off?

104Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

105Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

So, saw Kick-Ass yesterday, I thought it was so ridiculous it was great.

If Chloe Moretz wasn't on allot of people's radars as an up and coming superstar she will be now because she absolutely stole this movie from every other cast member.

They changed the ending but I thought what they did to end the movie probably worked allot better than what was in the comic.

I can see how this movie isn't for everyone, it's over the top ridiculous, especially in the second half of the movie, but I had allot of fun with it and I'll give it a high recommendation to anyone that asks me.

106Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kick-Ass debuted at #1 this weekend making roughly $20 million...
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/19/mark-millar-kick-ass-opening-weekend/#more-33189

I'm just back from a weekend's break to find messages from Lionsgate, Matthew Vaughn and various actors on the movie buzzing that we were #1 in America this weekend. We were top Friday, Saturday and Sunday — which is amazing, considering we're in the middle of a holiday season and up against 3-D competition with an R-rated superhero movie.

It's also worth remembering that we only cost $28 million after the U.K. tax breaks, and our U.K. and U.S. gross alone is already at $38 million as of last night.

We're looking at a very nice profit here and word of mouth is spectacular — the reviews being among the best I've ever seen — and so we're all very proud to find ourselves in this position. Positive advance reviews had some people hoping for a $25 million domestic opening. I wanted 'Avatar' numbers myself, but as Matthew sensibly pointed out, we were made on a Tarantino budget and should be more than happy with Tarantino numbers.

This is a great place to build on, and I'm very excited to see if we stay in the #1 position next weekend. 'Sherlock Holmes' benefited by having 'Avatar' getting people into cinemas again, and I'm hoping we can do the same when 'Iron Man 2' is launched the week after next. #1 is brilliant news for all concerned, and it's amazing to see a movie at the top of the charts that was rejected by every studio when we pitched it.

The whole gang are feeling very pleased and, since most of us took deferred payments, pretty relieved, too.

- Mark Millar

We'll never hear the end of it from Millar. Laughing

107Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I thought it was fucking awesome, the end was a little weird but I still loved it. Cage was hilarious as Big Daddy, he sounded like he was doing Adam West impressions. I highly recommend this movie!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

108Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:56 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

Bigtymin504 wrote:Kick-Ass debuted at #1 this weekend making roughly $20 million...

I think it'll do even better once word of mouth spreads. A few sites were saying that the way the film was marketed may have possibly hurt the box office for the film.

109Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 am

Scarie187

Scarie187
Cadet
Cadet

Though they changed the comic around I enjoyed the hell out of this movie and would recommend it to anyone. It did make me reread the comic but I still liked this movie a lot. Think they just made a few changes to make it work better on the big screen.

110Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:03 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Pfft...
http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/04/19/why-did-kick-ass-disappoint-at-the-box-office/

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

111Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

This quote is taken from /film.com, coming from Mark Millar to MTV regarding the weekend box office for Kick-Ass this past weekend.
“We were top Friday, Saturday and Sunday — which is amazing, considering we’re in the middle of a holiday season and up against 3-D competition with an R-rated superhero movie.”

He continued and also stated:
"We’re looking at a very nice profit here and word of mouth is spectacular — the reviews being among the best I’ve ever seen — and so we’re all very proud to find ourselves in this position. Positive advance reviews had some people hoping for a $25 million domestic opening. I wanted ‘Avatar’ numbers myself, but as Matthew sensibly pointed out, we were made on a Tarantino budget and should be more than happy with Tarantino numbers".

112Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not having read the comic, I loved this movie. I probably will never read the comic as I am not a fan of just about anything by Mark Millar but the movie was freaking awesome. The thing with Red Mist was pretty cool and I love love love Hit Girl and Nick Cage was great. The best he's been in a long long time. I was very happy with this movie

113Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118017996.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
For the second consecutive week, the top two spots at the domestic box office have swapped places, with this week's No. 1 position going to Lionsgate's superhero comedy "Kick-Ass."

Pic's revised weekend figures held steady on Monday at $19.8 million, while Paramount and DreamWorks Animation's 3D toon "How to Train Your Dragon" dropped from its estimated $20 million to a revised $19.6 million.

Nice!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

114Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I hope to see this movie friday, along with The Losers Smile

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

115Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I finally read the comic. I liked it considering my dislike for almost everything Mark Millar. Still liked the movie better than the comic.

116Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I am going to read the comic tonight

117Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:So, I hope to see this movie friday, along with The Losers Smile
As I'm hoping to pull off.

118Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great minds think alike

119Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Or procrastinate and/or have shitty/boring "friends". Heh.

I refuse to go to a theatre alone. It's just not cool. lol!

120Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ditto!

121Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been to a few movies by myself. Don't be a wuss tongue

122Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:34 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jesus, reading this thread makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills. While I didn't necessarily like the comic, I *loathed* the movie. It was chock-full of lowest common denominator stupidity, and the changes from the comic made me appreciate the comic more. The pacing was weird, the acting sub-par (the Wicker Man-like scene was painful to watch) and the "story" was just window dressing for action set pieces and KEWL jokes.

I'm sure I'll get Ye Olde Message Board Dogpile over this, and I know I'm in the minority, but I left the theater shaking my head and thankful that I saw it for free.

http://www.demonweasel.com

123Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:36 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope I like it. I find Kick-Ass as a comic overrated. Seems to me like people are treating like a diamond-in-rough as an exclusive, relative unknown, but it's everywhere. But it's just fun, not epic.

124Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:40 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't walk out loving the movie and I doubt I'll purchase it on DVD, but I was entertained for most of the two hours I spent in the theater. All in all, while the movie has its slow and weak spots, it also has some extremely strong moments that I really enjoyed. Hell, that last scene with Hit Girl and Big Daddy could probably draw some tears from me depending on my mood. What really helped sell the movie for me was the music. As ridiculous as it was to watch Dave and Mindy fly away on that jet pack, the music was quite soaring. It's not going to turn the genre on its head or anything, but I'd recommend it.

125Kick-Ass - Page 5 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:47 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jetpack? Wait...you're telling me Millar took a book of actual super-people and made that movie unsuper in the comicbook sense, and then took a movie that is about unsuper-people being very comicbook-ish? *sigh* It's okay, I'm still gonna see it. Just breathe, Ryan. Just breathe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum