Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kick-Ass

+44
MillionDollarGeek
Thundermatts
Nymn
Sapphire Gypsy
(._Y_.)
Demonweasel
Scarie187
melvinlikechris
JonSpangler
Paroxysm
colossus1979
Hannibal king
Bigtymin504
Warren_Worthington IV
supervenom
Sandman
Spazzy
Rath99
Foreigner_Man
Off_White_Lantern
MikeSabian
Astro13Zombie
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LordD3r3k
Spaced4SimonPegg
Tom
ChrisToPhenom
shining knight
jaydee74
pumkinheadfan
prescribeddrone
riv1
AlienIncognito
deadbolt85
Fresh03
Denim
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Silent K
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Lee
BlueMaxx
48 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:03 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Actually, the plot of the story is about a guy (Kick Ass) wondering why people look up to real life jerks like Paris Hilton and not noble yet fictional people like Spider-Man and why people don't try to help other people. Also, Kick Ass is not given $300,000 to buy a jet pack.

Spoiler:

I will agree that the trailers does not match up completely with the tone of the movie and it should have because the movie is pretty good. It's not like the comic but if I do feel that if the comic never came out, people would have a different view of this movie. I really do.

That's STILL basically giving a character the money to fill in the hole.

That's a "hum... I need to get him a jet pack to fix this here at the end.... he can BUY one.... ooh here let's have him use the money stolen from drug dealers. Problem solved"

Maybe I just appreciate more well thought out writing. Sad

For what it's worth I hate that I read the damned Twilight books because they have the same problem. HUGE plot hole... let's introduce 26 new characters 100 pages from the end to solve that. Sad

You haven't seen the movie, how can you comment whether or not the jetpack was plot manipulation?

152Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome point. See it. It makes sense within the movie.

153Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:39 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i've NEVER picked up the kick-ass comic, and i'm not gonna bother now. because in a way if i do i'll either scream at plots gaps i didn't see before reading, or i'll bitch because i think the comic was more over the top than the movie. so i say this not as a person who read the comic but just a cat who saw the movie and at least has the brain power to know if i want i can pick up the source material. i enjoyed the fact that in a way to me it was like watching a goofy comic come to life. the fact that big daddy looks like a poor man's batman and goes all "frank castle" on people was nuts, hit girl pretty mch made the movie for me (and i would think if she's half of what was on screen the comic if i decide to read it) and kick ass reminded me of spider-man in a way. spidey's always been sort of the "loveable loser" of marvel. that's what he was to me.

154Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I thought it was entertaining and good! Hit-Girl made the movie, at least for me. She was hilarious!

155Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:I thought it was entertaining and good! Hit-Girl made the movie, at least for me. She was hilarious!
Agreed on both counts.

156Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:32 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HOLY SH-T! I just downloaded, watched it and maybe...just maybe Kick-Ass pushes Fight Club down to #2 on my "Of All-Time" list. Hit-Girl stole the whole film. I wonder if a comic or movie for her will happen. Am I crazy for this? This film seemed to have related to me even more than Tyler Durden. Fight Club taught me to pursue my goals in life. Kick-Ass made me happier than I've ever been in my life seeing I can make this script of mine happen. Sh-t, I'll admit-I shed a few tears of joy. F-ck it. Fight Club, you might be moving down a number if my opinion on the Blu-ray doesn't change.

Thank you Kick-Ass.

157Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:28 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Kick-Ass is better than Fight Club. We are facing the Apocalypse, indeed.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

158Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:HOLY SH-T! I just downloaded, watched it and maybe...just maybe Kick-Ass pushes Fight Club down to #2 on my "Of All-Time" list. Hit-Girl stole the whole film. I wonder if a comic or movie for her will happen. Am I crazy for this? This film seemed to have related to me even more than Tyler Durden. Fight Club taught me to pursue my goals in life. Kick-Ass made me happier than I've ever been in my life seeing I can make this script of mine happen. Sh-t, I'll admit-I shed a few tears of joy. F-ck it. Fight Club, you might be moving down a number if my opinion on the Blu-ray doesn't change.

Thank you Kick-Ass.

So. I take it you liked Kick Ass then, huh? Wink

159Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:49 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Fight Club taught me to pursue my goals in life.

huh

The whole concept of Fight Club was that "goals" don't matter. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

160Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:25 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

Not exactly, it was about finding meaning in one's life.

161Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:09 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Fight Club taught me to pursue my goals in life.

huh

The whole concept of Fight Club was that "goals" don't matter. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Nymn wrote:Not exactly, it was about finding meaning in one's life.

Ah-whatever! Fight Club still confuses me time to time but yes...Kick-Ass rocked!

162Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Nymn wrote:Not exactly, it was about finding meaning in one's life.

I'm sorry, I don't agree. My interpretation was that there IS no meaning.

163Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:02 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ But see, it ended up going full circle, back to living as you. Tyler's bleak philosophy wasn't wrong, but it wasn't for everyone, being that it is kind of dead-end. "Jack" just needed a push to see what he really needed, which wasn't his superficial desires, like at the beginning and at work. He needed that resetting of consciousness, going back to primal logic, which Tyler showed, avoiding the constraints of so much around us, to build a new life.

164Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fight Club is about men who have been driven to sociopathy by a boring and job obsessed modern world, where life is simply go to your job to buy things you don't have the time or desire to enjoy, and all this agression and anger builds up to the point of lunacy, and instead of focusing it on the actual problem, they focus it into destroying things, because they don't know what else to do.

it's the feeling almost every person is this country feels, times one hundred. It's not a story about life's meaning, because we don't live life the way we were meant to. An animals only goal is to procreate. Our only goal is to aquire more. Neither one is probabaly exactly right.

165Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

It's basically just, your life is not defined by what you have or do ("You are not your khaki pants!") It's about finding meaning in life despite the distractions of every day modern crap.

166Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:53 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:It's basically just, your life is not defined by what you have or do ("You are not your khaki pants!") It's about finding meaning in life despite the distractions of every day modern crap.
I think it has less to do with "finding oneself" and more to do with the lack of strong male role models. The obsessions with IKEA and buying stuff is a nesting ritual brought upon by the feminization of men, as evidenced by the line "we're a generation of men raised by women". That's where the fighting comes in, it's about taking back masculinity. Project Mayhem is about fighting the patriarchal system.

As for the base message within the story, I think I read somewhere that the author said it was essentially about finding ways to connect with other people. This whole notion of the movie being about making goals or finding one's true self is purely people seeing what they want to see and misinterpreting the main themes.

167Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:14 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Kick-Ass is better than Fight Club. We are facing the Apocalypse, indeed.

2012 indeed.

I read the comic first, saw the movie second... End result: Glad that I saw it for free. Everything that was changed pissed me off but at the end it did entertain me.

Still glad I saw it for free.

I LOVE Fight Club.

168Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:56 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

MillionDollarGeek wrote:

I read the comic first, saw the movie second... End result: Glad that I saw it for free. Everything that was changed pissed me off but at the end it did entertain me.

Knowing now the differences between the movie and the comic now, would you pay to see it again?

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

169Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:You haven't seen the movie, how can you comment whether or not the jetpack was plot manipulation?

You don't seem to understand... I'm awesome. I don't need to see shit to give my opinion on it. Wink

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

170Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
Nymn wrote:
Joshua wrote:
I'm loving the Fight Club interpretations.

171Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:55 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just saw it and I have to say that it kicked ass, pardon the pun. There were a decent amount of changes, but I think they worked out well. I can't decide if I liked this more than the comic or not.

172Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:
MillionDollarGeek wrote:

Knowing now the differences between the movie and the comic now, would you pay to see it again?

I'll probably wait until its in the five buck club and then go watch it again with my cousins. If not, i'll wait for the Blue Ray DVD. This way I can just listen to the commentary and they can explain to me why the element of surprise was changed.

173Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:06 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:You haven't seen the movie, how can you comment whether or not the jetpack was plot manipulation?

You don't seem to understand... I'm awesome. I don't need to see shit to give my opinion on it. Wink

So basically a normal chick then? Wink

174Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:56 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:
Nymn wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Me, too! One of the best things about art, all the different interpretations people get from it. But can we all agree that Hit-Girl kicked ass?!

I just thought of something about the posters that's weird. They all have the "I can't whatever. But I can kick your ass." But the only ones that's true of are Big Daddy and Hit-Girl. Kick-Ass and Red Mist were mostly useless in a fight!

175Kick-Ass - Page 7 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:46 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nymn wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:
Nymn wrote:
Joshua wrote:

Me, too! One of the best things about art, all the different interpretations people get from it. But can we all agree that Hit-Girl kicked ass?!

I just thought of something about the posters that's weird. They all have the "I can't whatever. But I can kick your ass." But the only ones that's true of are Big Daddy and Hit-Girl. Kick-Ass and Red Mist were mostly useless in a fight!

Yeah Kick-Ass didn't really kick anyones ass except
Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum