Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kick-Ass

+44
MillionDollarGeek
Thundermatts
Nymn
Sapphire Gypsy
(._Y_.)
Demonweasel
Scarie187
melvinlikechris
JonSpangler
Paroxysm
colossus1979
Hannibal king
Bigtymin504
Warren_Worthington IV
supervenom
Sandman
Spazzy
Rath99
Foreigner_Man
Off_White_Lantern
MikeSabian
Astro13Zombie
hrdwrkngXsoldier
LordD3r3k
Spaced4SimonPegg
Tom
ChrisToPhenom
shining knight
jaydee74
pumkinheadfan
prescribeddrone
riv1
AlienIncognito
deadbolt85
Fresh03
Denim
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Silent K
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Lee
BlueMaxx
48 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:50 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Jetpack? Wait...you're telling me Millar took a book of actual super-people and made that movie unsuper in the comicbook sense, and then took a movie that is about unsuper-people being very comicbook-ish? *sigh* It's okay, I'm still gonna see it. Just breathe, Ryan. Just breathe.

The whole movie/comic was based on "It's just like if it happened in real life" and there's so much that stretches realism that it's just ridiculous. Plus, and this was one my biggest annoyances with the movie...

Spoiler:

http://www.demonweasel.com

127Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I couldn't find the last three comics...so i have no clue what happens at the end in the books..
And i only seen the last 30 minutes or so of the movie...

But the jet pack part was a huge "WTF?" moment. Laughing

128Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:26 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Demonweasel wrote:Jesus, reading this thread makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills. While I didn't necessarily like the comic, I *loathed* the movie. It was chock-full of lowest common denominator stupidity, and the changes from the comic made me appreciate the comic more. The pacing was weird, the acting sub-par (the Wicker Man-like scene was painful to watch) and the "story" was just window dressing for action set pieces and KEWL jokes.

I'm sure I'll get Ye Olde Message Board Dogpile over this, and I know I'm in the minority, but I left the theater shaking my head and thankful that I saw it for free.
That's the point: At first I was against seeing it and giving crap about the whole buzz (which eventually worked against the movie) but then I've decided to lower my expectations to zero and took it just for the fun values of the movie. There's nothing special about it and it definitely won't make the genre any good, but it's a fun movie to kill an hour and a half. Giving it any other meanings is succumbing to Mark Millar's egoistic stupidity, like feeding the delusions of a person with Messiah Complex.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

129Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. Whatever. I liked the movie. I thought it was fun.

130Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

we shall soon see... and by we i mean me

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

131Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:
But the jet pack part was a huge "WTF?" moment. Laughing

Agreed. lol

132Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

133Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:
Spoiler:
No one is asking how it got there, it just seemed really ridiculous in the context of the movie.

134Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Clay, pay attention.

Then again, there was nothing realistic about this whole story/movie in the first place, no matter how hard Millar screams it is.

135Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:36 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:
Spoiler:
No one is asking how it got there, it just seemed really ridiculous in the context of the movie.

I disagree, considering they thought it would be the best way to accomplish their objectives and they had a ton of cash, hell I could buy a
Spoiler:
right now with enough funds.
Spoiler:

136Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:25 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Then again, there was nothing realistic about this whole story/movie in the first place, no matter how hard Millar screams it is.

scratch

A geek dresses up as a "super hero" and gets his ass kicked isn't realistic?
And the villain being a mobster?
Hit Girl isn't realistic?
Maybe the Matrix style moves aren't, but have you never seen a 5 yr old that's a black belt?

C'mon dude.
Yes, there was some unrealistic things about the movie, but overall, this movie was pretty close to being believable.

137Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:56 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:

scratch

Maybe the Matrix style moves aren't, but have you never seen a 5 yr old that's a black belt?

C'mon dude.
Yes, there was some unrealistic things about the movie, but overall, this movie was pretty close to being believable.

Spoiler:

http://www.demonweasel.com

138Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:
Spoiler:

I thought it was a cool part of the movie. I enjoyed it.

Demonweasel wrote:
Tom wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:

scratch

C'mon dude.

Spoiler:
It's a freaking movie people! It's going to have some flash in it's action scenes. Were people this up in arms over the Watchman actions scenes were the "NORMAL" people like Owlman or Silk Spectre or Rorschach were fighting like they came straight out of the Matrix? Come on! You are going to get those type of action sequences because people like them.

139Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alright, I have NO desire to see this movie. The marketing for it pisses me off and since their goal is to draw you in... they failed miserably.

I'd rather light $10 on fire than see this. I'd get more enjoyment out of it.

Everything I've read on it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If your "story" is supposed to be about how this average guy is cleaning up the streets then giving him $300,000 to buy a jet pack to fill in a plot hole is pathetic.

I'm not trying to convince anyone else it stinks but honestly to me the things seems to be marketed to the pre-teen who is gonna think it rocks to go see a movie with ass in the title. Maybe if I were 15 years younger I could appreciate this movie. Then again I wasn't your average teenager so I doubt it.

The reason that something blows up every 5 minutes in an action movie is because the attention span of the "average" American is just about that long. If you don't give them some reason to keep watching then they'll lose interest.

Just because it happens doesn't mean you have to like it.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

140Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually, the plot of the story is about a guy (Kick Ass) wondering why people look up to real life jerks like Paris Hilton and not noble yet fictional people like Spider-Man and why people don't try to help other people. Also, Kick Ass is not given $300,000 to buy a jet pack.

Spoiler:

I will agree that the trailers does not match up completely with the tone of the movie and it should have because the movie is pretty good. It's not like the comic but if I do feel that if the comic never came out, people would have a different view of this movie. I really do.

141Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=22073

Very Happy

http://www.leerodriguez.net

142Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seriously Lee, your review basically explains my views of the movie to a tee. Well done sir. Very well done.

143Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Actually, the plot of the story is about a guy (Kick Ass) wondering why people look up to real life jerks like Paris Hilton and not noble yet fictional people like Spider-Man and why people don't try to help other people. Also, Kick Ass is not given $300,000 to buy a jet pack.

Spoiler:

I will agree that the trailers does not match up completely with the tone of the movie and it should have because the movie is pretty good. It's not like the comic but if I do feel that if the comic never came out, people would have a different view of this movie. I really do.

That's STILL basically giving a character the money to fill in the hole.

That's a "hum... I need to get him a jet pack to fix this here at the end.... he can BUY one.... ooh here let's have him use the money stolen from drug dealers. Problem solved"

Maybe I just appreciate more well thought out writing. Sad

For what it's worth I hate that I read the damned Twilight books because they have the same problem. HUGE plot hole... let's introduce 26 new characters 100 pages from the end to solve that. Sad

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

144Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. No offense but I think it's nitpicking to be honest. If you check it out and see how it comes into play, you might feel differently. The movie itself is pretty good.

145Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

There's a huge difference between "good" and "entertaining", and that's all this movie is about. Unfortunately, people bring up stuff that I tried to ignore so I won't have to gibe it any importance beyond what it's really worth.

146Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very true. I felt the movie was entertaining and good. At the same time.

147Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I meant it was just entertaining...

148Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I meant it was just entertaining...
Oh. I thought it was both. I did like it much more than the comic.

149Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:45 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Jetpack? Wait...you're telling me Millar took a book of actual super-people and made that movie unsuper in the comicbook sense, and then took a movie that is about unsuper-people being very comicbook-ish? *sigh* It's okay, I'm still gonna see it. Just breathe, Ryan. Just breathe.

The whole movie/comic was based on "It's just like if it happened in real life" and there's so much that stretches realism that it's just ridiculous. Plus, and this was one my biggest annoyances with the movie...

Spoiler:
Techically, he can't fly. Oh, and there have been prototype jet packs for years. Hell, if you know what your doing you can build one yourself. I don't mean to sound rude, but quit your fucking whining. You didn't like the movie, and have said so more than once. You have no further buisness in this thread. Again, nothing personal, but jeez.

150Kick-Ass - Page 6 Empty Re: Kick-Ass Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:50 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Hey, Demonweasel, sorry for sounding like an asshole. I just got off work, and I'm really cranky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum